tim mossholder bo3SHP58C3g unsplash


We provide

scientific and educational information

on Body Integrity Identity Disorder


If you suspect you have BIID 

- You could contact your GP: they might be able to consult with you regarding this. However, please be aware that most GP's will not have prior knowledge on BIID and will only be able to help with associated conditions such as stress and depression. 

 - Contact us click here 



 There are also a number of charities that can help. It is important to remember that whilst these charities are not likely to know about BIID but they are able to provide emotional support and advise on seeking help. 

Samaritans: This charity focuses on providing emotional support with a 24/7 helpline. You can reach their helpline for free on 116123  

- Mind: This charity mainly works on providing information and advice on seeking help regarding any mental health issues. You can reach their Infoline on 0300123339



- If you are seeking emotional support and can afford to see a psychologist, you can find one near you from the BPS website


If you require urgent help and believe you are at risk of harming yourself 

- You can ask for an emergency appointment with your local GP.

- If you are not able to do this, you can contact NHS 111.

Please see their website for different options: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/nhs-111/



If you feel the need to contact us regarding any of this information please click here 


DISCLAIMER: The information presented on this website is not to be considered medical advice and is not to replace consultation with qualified professionals. Please do not use the information on this website to self-diagnose.